EMS Suit - Training Apparel | 2021
What is Katalyst?
Katalyst is an EMS (Electric Muscle Stimulation) Suit platform and content distributor, focused on health and fitnes.
Focused on providing trainers with a space to create their workouts, and users with a platform to keep track of their progress.
Katalyst had to revisit its design systems while improving scalability. Being a data-driven product, there was an emphasis on developing features that would leverage user-generated data. Together we needed to:
- Pinpoint potential unhappy paths, redirecting users to recovery.
- Improve processes by revising the significance of user data, and creating models for scaling up training intensity.
- Maintaining parity between the training and coaching software platforms.
- Introducing an Agile methodology to a client accustomed to Waterfall Practices.
- Introduced and enhanced the Agile methodologies.
- Led mobile app design for 6 Months.
- Re-design and introduce user tested features.
Intermediate UX Designer
Sports/Health and Wellness
Trainer and Consumer Apps
After receiving the Design Brief, I’ve proceeded to conduct initial research, and held interviews with key internal stakeholders and users to identify the main opportunities for features.
Maintained a high attention to detail and communication to stakeholders, while prioritizing user flows. All while working in conjunction with client stakeholders.
Leadership:Led junior team members in developing screens to fulfill user stories, while promoting AAA industry standards.
Kept close communications with the Development Team throughout each iteration cycle, while facilitating sessions with the QA Team to ensure that designs were thoroughly translated into the live app.
Once the engagement concluded, Katalyst team was able to fully take on the extensible and maintainable design system for future work.